Build a Theme. Win a Nexus.
Win a Nexus 7 in less than 5 minutes. We did it last holiday season. We’re doing it again. Bigger and better. Brand Thunder’s latest browser theme contest has launched – with two first place prizes!
- One for most popular – chosen by the votes of the browser theme community. You don’t have to be good, just popular!
- One for best design – chosen by our team of judges.
Pop Culture Themes
This year’s topic is Pop Culture. So, it opens wide the gates of creativity for whatever you find popular and iconic in the world. Andy Warhol found his inspiration in a can of soup. You can too. Or toucan for you! Whatever you like. :-) Just have fun and be creative in your designs.
Consider these ideas if you don’t know where to begin:
- Celebrities like music artists, actors, athletes or people famous for being famous (Kardashians, anyone?)
- Movies or TV Shows – you may like the Brady Bunch or a more Modern Family
- Anime or manga
- Games, whether video or board. Just don’t get board.
How to Win Your Nexus 7
A panel of judges will select finalists, then the public will vote on the winning entry. Enter by October 31, 2012, finalists will be announced on November 2, 2012 and winners announced on November 9, 2012.
All the details for participating are below. Enter early and often, and have fun!
BT:Engage makes it easy to create your own browser themes for Firefox and Internet Explorer. For a completely custom look, upload your own images then drag & drop to the browser theme. In a few minutes, you’ll have a new Internet experience that’s personal and fun.
The Rules for Winning
- You must create your pop culture browser theme with BT:Engage. It’s 100% free.
- NAME your theme. BT:Engage defaults to “My Theme” and we want you to name it something else. So, if you built a toucan theme, call it “Toucans!”
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the URL to your theme’s download page by 11:59PM EST on October 31, 2012.
- Optional: Post on Twitter or Facebook: I entered @BrandThunder’s pop culture browser theme contest (http://ow.ly/e4mIH). See my theme: PASTE YOUR THEME URL
Finalists will be promoted in our blog and on Facebook. You can share with your fans to vote up your theme!
Need Help Building an Awesome Theme?
How BT:Engage Works is a short preview of how to use BT:Engage. You can always find more help and links to “How to” videos at http://bt-engage.com/faqs. Free to build, share and use.
- Go to BT:Engage and click the Get Started button
- On the Background and Logo tabs, Double Click or Drag & Drop those images to add them to the theme. Use the green arrows in the Properties box to move images to the front or back.
- Add your own photos under the My Images tab. They can be uploaded as Backgrounds or Logos. (TIP: Logos can be tricky, so don’t feel you have to use one. If you do, don’t make it too wide!)
- Widgets are buttons and feeds you can Drag & Drop into your theme. You’ll need to select where to point them, like your own blog, Facebook page or any site on the web.
- Find links to videos tutorials at the BT:Engage FAQs.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents who are physically residing in one (1) of the forty eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories), and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and of the age of majority in their state of residence as of the start of the Contest Period. The Contest is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations.