Installing Firefox themes are an easy task for anyone to take on and shouldn’t feel overwhelming. The good people at Mozilla make it easy for anyone to install their own theme with a few simple steps. But first a quick overview of what “Themes” are in case you are confused.
A Firefox Theme is simply a skin that is designed to change the look and feel of your Firefox browser. The default theme for Firefox is a gray background:
If you install a theme for Firefox, your browser may change to look something like this:
Installing Your Own Firefox Theme:
2. Click the “Download” button for Firefox
or the “Wear this Persona” button if you are in the Firefox Persona Gallery…
3. You must now “Allow” Firefox to install the theme by clicking “Allow”
4. Firefox will now ask you to Restart your browser. Go ahead and click “allow” on this so that Firefox can install the theme now on your browser:
5. After Firefox restarts, you will have a brand new beautiful theme for your browser.
Now that you know how to install a Firefox theme, you can find your favorite designs in any of the Firefox Theme galleries or perhaps you would like to create your own Firefox theme?
Where to Find Firefox Themes:
- Brand Thunder Firefox Theme Gallery
- Firefox Personas Gallery
- Create Your Own Firefox Theme Tool – NEW!
How to Install a Firefox Theme from Your Browser
Let’s say that you already have Firefox installed and you’d prefer to install a theme directly from your browser instead of visiting a Firefox Theme gallery. You can install a new Firefox Theme with these simple steps:
1. On the Firefox Menu Bar, click “Tools” and then “Add-ons”
2. Next, select “Get Add-ons”
3. You can then look under “Featured Personas” for a design that suits your needs
4. Or you can simply do a quick search in the upper right search bar for “Themes”.
5. Click the “Install” button next to any theme that supports it.
6. Allow Firefox to download the requested theme.
7. Click “Restart Now” and you’ll have a brand new Firefox theme installed on your browser!