How to Uninstall a Brand Thunder Browser Theme
We always hate to see someone leave our community, but change is inevitable. So, if you can’t find a new theme to your liking, the following provides information for temporarily turning off the theme as well as removing it altogether.
Since each browser is unique, and our themes are built special for each platform, the uninstall instructions are a little different for each. You’ll find a topic for Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari.
We have created some videos that may help you before you uninstall..
Here’s how you can uninstall:
- Remove an extension from Google Chrome:
- On your browser, click menu .
- Select More tools > Extensions.
- On the extension you want to remove, click Remove from Chrome .
- A notice to remove the extension will appear. Click Remove
You may also hide the toolbar. To do this, Right Click over the toolbar and Click the option for your theme’s toolbar. This will uncheck and remove the toolbar.
You can also use the Firefox menu:
- Click Tools –> Add-ons –> Appearance.
- Find the theme you’re using (usually at the top of the list) and click the “Disable” button, which will turn off the theme until you come back to this page and change to “Enable.”
- If you want to uninstall, click the “Remove” button instead.
- Click Tools –> Add-ons –> Extensions.
- Find the extension titled “Default Theme Engine – Personas Interactive” and click the “Disable” button, which will turn off the extension until you come back to this page and change to “Enable.”
To temporarily turn off the visual component of your IE theme by using the following method. This may done via Internet Explorer’s Manage Add-ons area. This method will maintain the WebSearch+ extras (search and shopping enhancements).
- Click Tools>Manage Add-ons
- Select Enable or Disable Add-ons
- Select Brand Thunder Theme
- Under Settings, select Disable
- Restart Internet Explorer
To turn it back on, go back to the Manage Add-ons, select Brand Thunder Theme Manager from the disabled section, and select enable.
To permanently remove your theme, this is done via the Windows Control Panel.
- Close Internet Explorer
- Select Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall a Program from the Control Panel
- Select the Brand Thunder Theme you wish to uninstall
- Click Remove and follow the prompts
In Safari, all management for your theme is in the Extensions page under your Preferences.
- Click “Safari” in the Menu at the top of the page. Then Select “Preferences,” followed by clicking the “Extensions” tab.
- Find the Safari Theme Engine by Brand Thunder. Once you click on the extension, you’ll have the ability to disable or enable portions of the theme through the check boxes. You may also Uninstall the theme here if you desire.
If you are still having difficulty, you may contact the Brand Thunder theme on our support page at http://support.brandthunder.com/brandthunder.