Google Chrome 21 broke the installation process for developers like Brand Thunder who host their own downloads. While we were working toward a fix for their August 15 release date – they pushed early resulting in downloads not working as of now.
Update: Installer for Windows Available
If you’re on a Windows PC, you’ll download a .EXE file. Save that file to your computer and double click to start the installation of your theme.
Mac & Linux Users:
Providing an installer actually increases the amount of work you. Because of that, please follow the instructions we originally posted below:
The manual steps you need to take are the type of experience we strive to provide our users. Until Google allows for a different option, the video is a good summary but text instructions also follow. This 50 second video from the fine people at Blogsolute offers a nice visual of what will be described below.
In Chrome, you can follow these steps to add the extension:
- Download the extension file from the website and save it to your computer (I’d recommend the desktop so it’s easy to find and remove when you’re done installing).
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools > Extensions.
- Locate the extension file on your computer and drag the file onto the Extensions page.
- Review the list of permissions in the dialog that appears. If you would like to proceed, click Install.
Blog Posts with Installation Examples:
- Here’s the full post from Blogsolute where we found the video above: How To Install Chrome Extensions Offline Outside Web Store Manually
- Chrome 21 Userscript and Extension Workaround
Thank you for your understanding.