We know you love browser themes (we just can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t). But we also understand that, sometimes, you want to go back to Chrome’s default look before downloading a new browser theme – at least, we like to think of it in that way. Here’s the quickest guide on changing back to the default Chrome theme in 10 seconds or less. Trust us, we timed it. :)
Restore Your Default Chrome Theme – PC
Transferring Chrome back to its original look is really quite easy, and can be accomplished in just a couple simple steps.
1. First, you’ll want to access Chrome’s settings, which can be found in the upper right-hand corner, in the drop-down menu.
2. Next, in the Appearance section, you will find buttons for “Get themes” and “Reset to default theme.” If you want to change your Chrome theme back to the default setting, simply click on the reset button and you will be in the clear.
There you go! It’s just that easy to transfer back to the default Chrome theme on your PC.
Default Chrome Theme – Mac
What if you’re using a Mac? How do you switch back to the default Chrome theme on a Mac? Well luckily, it’s just as simple, just a little different graphics that’s all.
1. Click on the Chrome wrench icon or settings button in the upper right, and then go to “Settings”
2. Under “Appearance”, click “Reset to Default Theme”
That’s it! That’s the quickest way to reset your Chrome browser to the default “Blank” theme. Now, you may be asking yourself, “I want to change my Chrome theme again, but I don’t know what I’d want.” You’re in luck, because there is an endless amount of themes out there that tackle just about every interest you can imagine.
We’ve included a few of our favorite Chrome themes to get you started for your next theme:
This is the perfect solution for those of us who can’t seem to tear away from our favorite social network. With this Facebook Chrome theme, you can check your messages, write posts, check out pictures and browse your news feed right in your browser.
Brand Thunder and GoComics.com have teamed up to provide browser themes for all of your favorite daily comics, including Get Fuzzy. You’ll get the latest news on this fun, irreverent comic, but best of all, you’ll also get access to the latest strip right in your browser.
MLB Chrome Themes
Baseball fans will never again miss an update on their team, thanks to these Major League Baseball Chrome themes. You’ll get instant access to scores, news, highlights and more, all directly in your browser.
Browser theme enthusiasts love celebrating the holidays, and there are Chrome themes for just about every holiday you can imagine (seriously). You’ll be able to listen to festive music and watch holiday-related videos, get gift ideas and links to shopping sites, the ability to send eCards and so much more. There’s no better way to get in the spirit of the season than with a holiday Chrome theme!
Sometimes, you just want a Chrome theme that has a great design. With so much room for creativity, designers have been able to create some truly stunning Chrome themes. This neon browser theme is just one great example (and, better yet, it gives you quick access to Facebook and Twitter, along with a video sidebar).
So, in a nutshell, that’s how you restore your Chrome theme to its default setting. But really, why would you ever want to do that in the first place? We like to think it won’t be long before you’re getting your browser theme fix again.
Other Google Chrome How-To’s and Must-Have’s:
- The Top Chrome Themes of All Time
- 4 Ways to Search and Find Google Chrome Themes
- Is Your Chrome Theme Not Working? Here’s How to Fix It
- 8 Must-Have Chrome Extensions for Designers
- Brighten your Browser with Solid Color Google Chrome Themes