You may have seen our “Brand Thunder Theme Manager” in one of the Brand Thunder Internet Explorer themes that you downloaded. This exciting technology makes it possible for us to provide you and thousands of our other IE browser theme fans with innovative and beautiful new themes for your browser.
It’s one of two parts necessary to run the IE browser themes.
- Brand Thunder Theme Manager – is the “engine” that allows the theme to display and which makes it easy to switch between the different themes you have installed. This is used by all Brand Thunder IE browser themes you have installed and can be seen in your Add/Remove Programs window.
- Browser Theme – is the visual and interactive components of the theme you installed, like a college or sports team theme. You will have a theme listed in your Add/Remove Programs for each Brand Thunder IE browser theme you have installed. For example, you will show the Baseball Browser Theme and IGN Browser Theme if you’ve installed both of those.
The image shows the Brand Thunder Theme Manager in the Add/Remove Programs window along with a few installed themes.
Why the Theme Manager is Necessary
The Brand Thunder Theme Manager is a plugin for Internet Explorer versions 7, 8 and 9 which allows us to provide toolbars or themes to end users. These themes will appear between the navigation controls (back/forward button, address bar, etc.) and any other toolbars you may have shown (for example, the menu, Favorites, or other third party toolbar).
The plugin contains some core, reusable functionality that allows us to create these themes more easily. If the Brand Thunder Theme Manager plugin is disabled or removed, the themes you have installed will no longer appear. If you are using one of our IE browser themes, or trying to install new ones, you need to make sure that you have the Theme Manager enabled.
Why is the Theme Manager Updating
Occasionally, changes are required for the Brand Thunder Theme Manager. These may be related to bug fixes or performance improvements. You will be prompted to update and will have the option to proceed or postpone the update.
Separate from the Theme Manager, the theme may also need to be updated. For example, the Big Ten Conference recently changed its logo. If you were running the Big Ten Browser Theme, you’d have been prompted to update the theme.
How to Turn On or Enable the Brand Thunder Theme Manager
If you have the Theme Manager turned off, you can turn it on again through Internet Explorer’s Manage Add-ons area. To turn it on, go to the Manage Add-ons, select Brand Thunder Theme Manager from the disabled section, and select enable.
How to Turn Off or Disable the Brand Thunder Theme Manager
You can temporarily remove the Theme Manager through Internet Explorer’s Manage Add-ons area.
- Click Tools>Manage Add-ons
- Select Enable or Disable Add-ons
- Select Brand Thunder Theme Manager
- Under Settings, select Disable
- Restart Internet Explorer
If you need to completely remove the theme you can do that through the Windows Control Panel.
- Close Internet Explorer
- Select Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall a Program from the Control Panel
- Select the Theme you wish to uninstall – in this case, Oklahoma State
- Click Remove and follow the prompts
If you ever run into problems or have specific questions, please visit the Brand Thunder Support area on Get Satisfaction.