Changing your Firefox Background is an easy endeavor for those wanting to spice up the look of their browser. In a few simple steps you can change the look of your Mozilla Firefox background to almost any color, design or image you can imagine. Firefox backgrounds are sometimes referred to as themes, personas, or skins. The default background for Firefox is a gray color which many people choose to change to their favorite colors or designs.
In this article, you will learn how to change your Firefox background in 3 different scenarios:
- If you have Personas Installed
- Change Firefox Backgrounds Manually
- Revert to the Default Firefox Background Theme
Change Your Firefox Background (Personas)
1. Choose Your Background Color or Design
Let’s say you have the default gray Firefox background when you downloaded the latest version of Firefox. To update to a new background, simply visit any Firefox Background Gallery and look for a theme that you’d like to have.
2. If you have Personas installed, you can simply hover over any image in the gallery to preview what it will look like on your browser.
3. Simply click “Wear It” to change the look of your Firefox Background. Here is an example of what that might look like:
That’s all there is to it! Now you have a brand new Firefox Background and no longer have to look at the default Firefox gray color. Choose from a variety of themes and change your background often.
Change Mozilla Firefox Background (Manually)
For those who don’t have Personas installed, you can install a new background theme quite easily.
1. In Firefox, on the menu bar, click on Tools > Add-ons
2. In the Add-ons manager tab, select “Get Add-ons”
3. Search for new background themes either manually or by clicking the “Featured Personas” or “See All Themes & Personas” buttons. Or you can easily just search your favorite Firefox Gallery.
4. Click “Wear It” to wear your new Background Theme
5. Restart Firefox: The background will download and you will be asked to “Restart Firefox”. Go ahead and allow that. Once your browser restarts, you’ll have your brand new Firefox background theme installed!
Change Firefox Background to Default
If you already have a background theme or persona installed and you want to revert back to the original or “Default” Firefox theme, you can quickly and easily do this.
1. In Firefox, click Tools > Add-ons
3. Select the “Default” Firefox Theme and click “Enable”